Is there such a thing as a universal truth? Writer D.C. Basset presents his 10 universal tips for a successful life—rules to live by for career, relationships and personal and professional fulfillment.
1. The road to failure is paved with the blacktop of procrastination. To put things off until tomorrow is the surefire way not to be successful, because tomorrow never comes.
Read Related: Tips to Reinvent Yourself Professionally
2. In any task, in any endeavor, concentrate harder than anyone else. Zoom your attention to the question at hand as if using a magnifying glass to augment the sun’s rays.
3. Shyness and bashfulness give no returns. So be bold. Go for it.
4. Always expect the unexpected and nothing will surprise you. This is what good chess players do.
5. Do not ever lie to yourself. Be ready to admit your foibles and flaws, and flattery will not affect or change you.
6. Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Without health, success is meaningless.
7. Be ready to change course on short notice. Adapt to circumstances and never be pigheaded.
8. Never give up. Show them the type of person you are!
9. Learn and master the best tool you have in life: language. Two is better than one; three is better than two.
10. Do not rush in head on. Ponder, consider and meditate, and then plunge in.