GRILLED STEAK TACOS WITH FRESH CILANTRO LIME SAUCE
¾ cup peanut oil
1 cup teriyaki sauce
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 lbs skirt steak
Grated Jack cheese
Cilantro lime sauce (Recipe below)
Red onions, chopped
Fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Combine the oil, teriyaki sauce, and garlic.
2. Pour over skirt steak, coat on all sides and store in refrigerator overnight (preferably in a glass container).
3. Remove steak from refrigerator about 15 minutes before cooking. Preheat grill to medium high. Discard marinade.
4. Grill steak about 4 minutes per side or until cooked as desired.
5. Steak should have grill marks and be pink in the center. Chop steak for tacos.
6. Heat tortillas serve with remaining ingredients.
CILANTRO LIME SAUCE
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Sea salt or Kosher to taste
Combine all ingredients in a food processor until nearly smooth but with still some texture.
Tacos recipe and photo courtesy Chef Isabel Cruz