We know, you might be over the whole Kim Kardashian latest news. We’re not talking about the time Kim Kardashian attempted to “break the internet” with her butt. We have a confession: we are mesmerized by this family. As much as we are sick of seeing their half-naked selfies, we also can’t stop staring at them. They are like the most attractive train wreck of all time—you don’t want to look but you also can’t look away. And just in time to satisfy our deep desires to know everything there is to know about the Kardashian clan, Kim’s new book has arrived.
Her book, entitled Kim Kardashian Selfish is a collection of selfie photography of the reality star, and spoiler alert: a lot of it is not exactly safe for work, if you know what we mean (and since we’re talking about the Kardashians, we think you do). Regardless of whether you love them or love to hate them, here are 9 reasons why the latest on Kim Kardashian is interesting and why we’re dying to check out this new book.
1. She’s So Damn Pretty As much as it pains us to admit it, Kim Kardashian is a beautiful specimen. Yes, if we had a team of people to do our hair and makeup we might also look perfectly put together at all times, but we don’t and she does, and that’s why people want to look at 448 pages of photos of her. And as pretty as she is now, we’re also curious to see photos of her long before the intense fame, when she was still equally narcissistic but a little less done-up.
2. Her Photography is Actually Good Practice makes perfect, and Kim has been taking flattering photos of herself, her family, her fans and her men for a long time. By now she’s pretty much nailed her best angle, her best lighting and her perfect pout. The older photos (the first picture is from 1984, before selfies were actually a thing) are adorable, the newer photos are beautifully shot and most of her photos are pretty memorable. After all, who can forget her white bathing suit shot?
3. She Has Some Very Famous Friends Let’s be clear: this is a book about Kim’s selfies. But selfies aren’t always solo shots, and Kim has a lot of famous friends/family members/husbands. We cannot wait to see who pops up in her photos.
4. We Want an Inside Look into Her Daily Life In an interview with Harpers Bazaar Kim shared what 24 hours of her life looks like, and we want to know more. And since a picture is worth a thousand words, we want visual proof that she goes for daily morning runs, and we want to see an image of her snuggling with her baby.
5. Two Words: Guilty Pleasure Watching “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” is a total guilty pleasure. If you were to ask me in public if I watch it, I would deny it wholeheartedly. But I’m actually watching it as we speak. You might not want to display this book on your coffee table where your kids or grandparents can see it, but we know that deep down inside, you really want to see what it’s all about.
6. We Want to See How it all Began Sure the Kim Kardashian latest news is captivating, but Kim’s obsession with selfies apparently began back in the 80s, long before cell phones existed and definitely before selfie sticks were invented. And after that she claims that she carried around a disposable camera to snap shots of herself any chance she got. We cannot wait to see those pics.
7. #Bikinigoals Kim loves a good bikini selfie. It’s her thing. Beach shots, mirror shots, pool profiles…you name it. If she’s in a bikini she’s capturing it on film. And since summer is coming, we could use a good dose of inspiration to kick our workout routine into high gear. Looking at Kim’s rocking bod in a revealing bikini just might do the trick.
8. There’s Sure to be Lots of Nudity Let’s be real, this is Kim Kardashian we’re talking about. The girl loves to be naked more than a 1-year-old baby. Kim even used her curves to promote herself and her book with a little teaser on Instagram. Warning: it’s racy and lacy and borderline porn. And from what we can see, there’s a lot more where that came from.
9. We Need More North West in Our Life Remember when Kim had a baby with Kanye West? And they named her North? (We still can’t believe that last part happened either.) Well every picture we’ve seen of North to date has been adorable–no surprise there. She’s a well-dressed, budding fashionista with a little bit of sass and we dig that about her. We get that she’s a baby and we’re totally in support of celebrities who don’t want to expose their children to the harsh attention of paparazzi, but we also really want to gawk at how cute little baby West is.