Shrimp remains one of the most popular seafoods in the United States, second only to canned tuna in popularity. Shrimp can be cooked quickly and is available fresh or frozen in most parts of the country at all times of the year. What’s even better, shrimp is low in calories and saturated fat and a few special ingredients give them a great taste. We’ve chosen two favorite GOYA shrimp recipes to add to your collection.
Read Related: Chicken & Sausage Paella
Sweet & Spicy Shrimp
Kick up the flavor of grilled shrimp skewers with this sticky, sweet-n’-spicy guava glaze. Here, GOYA® Guava Paste is cooked with a dash of hot pepper flakes and herb-alicious GOYA® Sazonador Total to create a sweet, savory and spicy sauce that clings to the shrimp and infuses it with irresistible Caribbean flavor. The best part: These fruit-infused shrimp skewers grill in 5 minutes! So what are you waiting for?
GUAVA-GLAZED SHRIMP KEBABS
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
For the Guava Glaze:
4 oz. GOYA® Guava Paste, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
¼ tsp. GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
¼ tsp. hot pepper flakes
¼ tsp. GOYA ® Sazonador Total
For the Skewers:
1 lb. large frozen shrimp (16-20 pieces), thawed, peeled and patted dry
1 tbsp. GOYA® Minced Garlic, or 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper
1 mango, sliced
1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring guava paste, ½ cup water, Adobo, hot pepper flakes and Sazonador Total to boil. Boil, stirring occasionally until paste becomes thick glaze, about 8 minutes. Transfer glaze to bowl to cool. (Note: Guava glaze can be made up to 1 week in advance; keep covered in refrigerator).
- In medium bowl, mix together shrimp and garlic; season with Adobo. Thread shrimp onto 4 skewers. Thread mango slices onto 4 skewers. (Note: Pre-soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes before grilling to prevent burning.)
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Brush one side of skewers with reserved guava glaze. Place skewers (glazed side down) on greased grill grates. Brush top side of skewers with glaze. Cook, brushing with glaze and turning occasionally, until shrimp are pink and opaque, and mango is charred and tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to platter; sprinkle with cilantro.
A Spanish Delicacy
Shrimp Paella is a classic main course from Spain that has made its way onto the tables of the world’s finest restaurants and coziest kitchens. Shrimp Paella may seem complicated, but this recipe puts you three steps ahead by starting with our GOYA® Yellow Rice Mix to provide homemade flavor instantly. Taste our Shrimp Paella recipe tonight. You’ll see! Shrimp Paella impresses everyone, because it’s such a deep mix of so many healthy, succulent ingredients. The secret to Shrimp Paella is simple—use the right pan. The perfect pan for paella is wide, shallow and round. The pan’s width enhances your Shrimp Paella by keeping as much rice as possible close to the heat. The juice from the shrimp stays close to the heat, too, and fills your home with a warm invitation to sit and eat.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 tbsp. GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 small onion, finely chopped (about ¾ cup)
1 package (3.5 oz.) GOYA® Chorizo, cut in ¼” slices
1 tsp. GOYA® Minced Garlic or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 package (8 oz.) GOYA® Yellow Rice
¼ cup GOYA® Pitted Alcaparrado, rinsed and roughly chopped
¾ lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
10-12 little neck clams
1 jar (4 oz.) GOYA® Fancy Pimiento, drained
1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in 10”-12” paella pan (or large skillet) over medium-high heat. Add onions and chorizo; cook until onions are tender and chorizo turns golden brown; about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
- Add 1¾ cups water to pan, bring to boil. Stir in contents of yellow rice mix and alcaparrado. Boil rice mixture 1 minute; tightly cover pan. Reduce heat to medium low; simmer until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 25 minutes, adding shrimp and clams after 12 minutes.
- Arrange pimento strips over rice, sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Goya Recipes provided by and the mark GOYA® used by permission of Goya Foods, Inc.