More is more this season when it comes to trendy jewelry. No more simple gold studs or pearl earrings. Go all out with chokers, mismatched earrings, big clunky bracelets and pendants. What we’re saying is: for jewelry trends 2015, it’s time to get your bling on.
As far as trends go, we have noticed an oversized predisposition given to jewelry in general. Think of motifs such as heavy metallic multi-color bracelets covering up the whole hand and designed with interesting leaf-like patterns. This type of tribal inspiration led brands like Etro to suggest other catchy variants of necklaces, coming with three black tassels and matched with colored resin cabochons. In addition, we simply can’t leave aside the curious and catchy bandana necklaces spotted at Isabel Marant. The pendant earrings at Oscar de la Renta are a chic interpretation of oversized motives as well. The dangly earrings by Emporio Armani are just show-stoppers. Finally, we should also speak about the mirrored collars at the Marni show, which literally left us speechless. Here are 5 trendy jewelry motifs to get you in the mood for current, chic, unapologetic bling.
1. Bib Necklaces You’ve come a long way from your bib days, baby, but now that you are all grown up and fashionable, grab yourself a bib necklace and layer it over a buttoned up and feminine silk blouse. Very adult and endlessly chic.
2. Uneven Earrings For the girl on the run who doesn’t have time to sift through her jewelry box and find a match to her earring, stop the rummaging! Psst, mismatched is in. Wear one large hoop and one small one. A pendant and a diamond stud combo. Please, just don’t match.
3. Chunky Bangles No matter if plastic, wood, gold, silver or rainbow of colors, stack up those bangles up to your elbow.
4. Single Earring The single earring says I don’t follow the rules, though I do dig a bit of flare. It’s the perfect less-is-more statement that is ideal for a casual event.
5. Creole Hoop Earring Jewelry trends 2015 are all about going big. The ever-elegant house of Balmain crushed the hoop earring game as part of its fall/winter 2015 looks. This is a runway look that works pretty much anywhere, any time.