Spring fashion is all about color: pops of color, splashes of color, stripes, and patterns festoon this season’s runways and store windows. Mexican folk art is renowned for it’s saturated hues and gorgeous textiles so when we ran across this fantastic Facebook slide show, Serape in the City—curated by Darlene Tenes of CasaQ in San Jose, CA—we couldn’t resist creating our own highlight reel. These serape inspired styles are an edgy, urban, and totally wearable take on the traditional Mexican blanket.
2. Adidas Roundhouse Mid ($80)
3. Ralph Lauren Drifter Serape Stripe Dress ($160)
4. Make Smith Mexican Blanket Belt ($125)
5. Chimalli Tote by Will Leather Goods ($250)
6. Steve Madden Winona Wedge Sandal ($99.95)
7. Mara Hoffman Serape Coat ($480)
8. Mexican Serape Clip-On Bow by ArtsandCrass ($10)