Legendary reggae icon, Bob Marley would have celebrated his 70th birthday on February 6 of this year. Over 30 years after his untimely death from cancer at the age of 36, his music and image still permeate our culture. Today Bob Marley quotes are part of our cultural rhetoric. Time magazine named his album Exodus Album of the Year and the BBC declared his song One Love, Song of the Millennium. He spent his life fighting oppression and spreading love, inspiration and great music.
His family carries on his legacy through 1Love and The Rita Marley Foundation, charities dedicated to peace, unity and love. His upcoming birthday is a global event with celebrations and special events happening around the world. On February 6, the Marley family will livestream Redemption Live, a memorial concert from Kingston, Jamaica.
We’re honoring Bob Marley with a collection of 20 quotes by Bob Marley that always inspire. Enjoy and spread the love!
1. Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living?
Read Related: Best Leadership Quotes by Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. If something can corrupt you, you’re corrupted already.
3. My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die.
4. Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but its everything in between that makes it all worth living.
5. She may not be the most popular or prettiest, but if you love her and she makes you smile…what else matters?
6. I handle fame by not being famous. I’m not famous to me.
7. We got to realize we are one people, or there will never be no love at all.
8. The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
9. Say you just can’t live that negative way…make way for the positive day! ‘Cause it’s news (new day), news and days.
10. Music have to have some kinda adventure, enjoyment. It go and you come.
11. The good times of today are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.
12. Don’t gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.
13. Money can’t buy life.
14. Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.
15. I no have education. I have inspiration. If I was educated, I would be a damn fool.
16. You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.
17. Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around.
18. The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a woman without the intention of loving her.
19. My music will go on forever. Maybe it’s a fool to say that, but when me know facts me can say facts. My music will go on forever.
20. You can’t find the right roads when the streets are paved.