CHILLED MANGO SOUP WITH SPICED GRILLED SHRIMP
3 mangoes, peeled with seeds removed
4 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp ginger, minced
3 cups vegetable stock
Sugar to taste (if mangoes are not very ripe)
1 tsp garlic powder (granulated garlic)
6 large shrimp
- Soak 6 wooden skewers in water for 1 hour.
- In a food processor, combine the mangoes, lemon juice, ginger, and vegetable stock.
- Blend well until it is all liquid. Remove and push the soup through a sieve or strainer. Adjust the seasoning to your liking with cayenne pepper, salt and sugar.
- Separately sprinkle garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt to taste on the shrimp.
- Skewer the shrimp on pre-soaked sticks.
- Grill shrimp skewers about 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Divide the soup among 6 small bowls and garnish each with a shrimp skewer.
This recipe was originally published in Extreme Entertaining Made Simple by Eduardo Xol (Celebra).