Lo-cal tostadas? Melissa Guerra says, “My husband and I figured out a long time ago that factory-made corn tortillas are great for making low-calorie tostadas.” Melissa’s tostadas burst with flavor and have plenty of crunch!
Read Related: Skinny Pizzas
4 8-inch corn tortillas
1 15.5-oz can pinto beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
1 cup cooked and shredded chicken
½ cup shredded iceberg lettuce
½ cup diced fresh tomatoes
4 tsp. crumbled Cotija
¼ cup fat-free sour cream, optional
Your favorite salsa
1. Adjust oven rack to top third of oven. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place tortillas directly on oven rack, leaving oven door slightly ajar, and toast for 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Using tongs, turn and toast on other side for 5 minutes, until tortillas are light brown and slightly curled around edges. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
4. Spread ¼ cup mashed beans on each tortillas. If mashed beans are too thick, add a little water to thin them. (Save remaining beans for another use.)
5. Divide chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, and cotija among the tortillas.
6. Serve with sour cream and salsa.