This week was again packed with events and news. Some were sad, like remembering 9/11. Many, including me, were touched by the piece our CEO Rene Alegria wrote on the friends he lost to the tragedy, who were undocumented immigrants and whose names will never be read during memorial services.
- On a happy note, we were thrilled to know Mamiverse was nominated for one of the Portada Conference awards for Top Hispanic Digital Media Innovation, along with other great Latino sites, such as EPMG, Terra Live Music or Nexos Latinos Magazine. We wish everyone the best of luck!
- We accepted the National Education Association (NEA)’s invitation to write an Open Letter to the Class of 2012, today’s kindergartners. It was the most fulfilling part of my workweek. Not only did I enjoy writing the letter, but it made me reflect on how rewarding it is to make a difference in other people’s lives. Or at the very least, try to.
- We read on New Latina that Hispanicize is expanding its social media conference in 2013 and will showcase Hispanic journalists and Latin music. Hispanicize 2013 will take place in Miami, from April 9-13 and they are already calling for speakers and panelists. We hope to see you there!
- Fox News Latino tells that Dominican designer Oscar de la Renta just launched a kids’ fashion line for spring 2013. I don’t think my children will be sporting his brand, but it’s nice to see haute couture for tots on the runway.
- We’re choosing our outfits and comfy but trendy shoes, to attend Blogalicious Conference in Vegas. The days are jam-packed with interesting sessions and activities. If you will be attending, don’t forget to follow us on Twitter to keep track of where we are and what’s going on! @Mamiverse @Lorrainecladish. Also, follow Mamiverse on Instagram for pictures!
If you wish to submit an event or a milestone, whether your own or someone else’s to be considered for our Follow Friday Roundup, please e mail me at [email protected]