FISH TACOS WITH AVOCADO & BEAN SALSA
2 tilapia fillets (6 to 7 oz each)
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp canola oil
For the Salsa:
½ c diced avocado
½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
Juice of ½ lime
¼ tsp kosher salt
Hot sauce to taste
4 corn tortillas, warmed
1 cup shredded green cabbage
- Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Season flour with salt and chili powder and flour fish on both side (pat well to remove excess flour).
- Cook fish in skillet for 4 to 5 minutes per side until golden.
- When fish is cooked completely, transfer to a plate and break up into large pieces.
- Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Serve fish in corn tortillas topped with salsa and shredded cabbage.
This recipe was originally published in Extra Lean by Mario Lopez (Celebra).