The Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF) will present awards to nine outstanding leaders and visionaries within the Latino community during the prestigious Hispanic Heritage Awards on September 5 at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C. The Awards, sponsored this year by Target, celebrate Hispanic cultural pride, contributions, and accomplishments, and will be broadcast on MundoFox on Sunday, September 15, at 6:00 pm EST.
“The Hispanic Heritage Awards are proud to honor yet another inspiring group of Latino leaders,” said Jose Antonio Tijerino, president and CEO of HHF, which was established by the White House to recognize the impact of Latinos on the history of America and the world.
The 2013 Hispanic Heritage Awards honorees and medallion-level sponsors include:
- Actress Eva Longoria, Community Service Award
- Musical Group Los Tigres Del Norte, Legend Award
- Chef Jose Andres, Design Award presented by Capital One
- Superintendent Alberto Carvalho, Education Award presented by Target
- Voto Latino President Maria Teresa Kumar, Leadership Award presented by Southwest Airlines
- Actress and Singer Lucero, Vision Award presented by Hershey’s
- Actor/Director/Producer Diego Luna, Inspira Award, presenting the Youth Segment
- Race Car Driver Juan Pablo Montoya, Sports Award presented by Bud Light
- Nonprofit National Math and Science Initiative, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) Award presented by ExxonMobil
The Hispanic Heritage Awards were established in 1987 by President Ronald Reagan to commemorate the creation of Hispanic Heritage Month. Since that time, the Hispanic Heritage Awards have honored top Latino leaders in various categories for their impact on America and the world. The awards are the signature event of the Hispanic Heritage Foundation (HHF) and serve as the kickoff to its mission to inspire, identify, prepare and position Latino leaders in the classroom, community and workforce to meet America’s priorities.