So you’ve been sticking to the meatless Fridays rule for Lent, but now find yourself running out of ideas. Look no further. ViveMejor.com has shared with us another delicious fish recipe. This ancho honey glazed salmon is quick and easy to make, and loaded with healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Even the kids will be asking for more!
ANCHO HONEY GLAZED SALMON
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 cup water
3 dried ancho peppers
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 medium onion, chopped
½ cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® mayonnaise dressing with olive oil
4 salmon fillets [or salmon steaks] (about 1 lb.)
1. Pour boiling water over ancho chili peppers; let stand covered 10 minutes. Remove peppers from water and discard water.
2. Process peppers, honey, vinegar and onion in blender or food processor until smooth.
3. Turn into medium bowl. Stir in Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® mayonnaise dressing with Olive Oil. 4. Reserve 1/3 of the Mayonnaise mixture.
5. Grill or broil salmon, turning once and brushing with remaining mayonnaise mixture, until salmon flakes with a fork, about 15 minutes.
6. Serve salmon with reserved mayonnaise mixture and garnish, if desired, with additional chopped green onions.
Recipe and photo courtesy of ViveMejor.com