Lent begins on March 5 and for many Catholics, marks the beginning of no meat, no poultry Fridays until Easter. But that doesn’t mean you have to give up on great-tasting food. Preparing your first family meal for lent is easy with this delicious Cod Veracruz fish recipe from ViveMejor.com.
Read Related: Grilled Cod Escabeche
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 cups Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
¼ cup halved pimiento-stuffed olives, halved
1½ lbs. cod fillet
1 Tbsp. lime juice
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
4 cups hot cooked rice (or brown rice)
1. Heat oil in deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes or until tender.
2. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds.
3. Stir in Pasta Sauce and olives.
4. Arrange cod in skillet, spoon sauce over, then bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 12 minutes or until cod flakes with a fork.
5. Stir in lime juice.
6. Arrange cod on serving platter.
7. Stir cilantro into sauce, then spoon over cod and serve with hot rice.
Recipe and photo courtesy of ViveMejor.com.