1 1/2 pound medium Yukon potatoes (organic), unpeeled and cooked
3 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
3 large eggs, separated
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Sea salt and fresh ground white pepper, to taste
6 Tbsp. vegetable oil
Optional: chives and garlic
1. If potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel them with your hands. Place in a large bowl and mash.
2. Mix in breadcrumbs, egg yolks, parmesan, parsley, nutmeg and season to taste.
3. Using a electric mixer, beat egg whites in a medium bowl until soft peaks form.
4. Gently fold whites into potatoes mixture. Form mixture into sticks or patties. Coat them with breadcrumbs; place on baking sheet.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add 3 tablespoons oil to the skillet. Add half of croquettes and cook until golden, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to baking sheet and repeat with remaining ones.