- Male Condom: Women should insist that their male partners wear condoms for every sexual activity, including oral sex.
- Female Condom: The female condom can also protect against HPV and other STIs.
- Vaccination: There are currently two HPV vaccines in the market. Consult with your doctor about your options. There is a lot of controversy around the available vaccines.
- Annual Screenings: Do not skip your annual Pap test.
- Visual Screenings: Check your genitalia regularly (at least once a month) for anything abnormal.
Therefore, the best practice is to take these preventive steps: