How did we ever survive vacations before the best travel apps existed? It’s almost inconceivable. In only a few short years, the thought of stopping every few minutes to wrestle with the map has become completely antiquated. Now it’s a matter of weeding through the growing masses of apps to find the best ones to make your summer vaycay run smoothly.
1. PackPoint ($2.99) This one is life-changing, especially if you’ve got kids. Enter your destination, planned activities and length of your trip — PackPoint checks weather conditions and tells you exactly how many pairs of pants, socks, etc. to bring. It will also suggest extras like binoculars, business cards or games for the kids. Love!
Read Related: Your New Go-To Hotels List for 2016
2. Skyscanner (Free) When it comes to saving money, Skyscanner is definitely one of the best travel apps you can download. And it’s free. Instantly find the best airfares for millions of flights from hundreds of airlines and purchase on the spot.
3. LiveTrekker (Free) Let your friends and family share your vacation experiences in real time by mapping your journey, capture the best moments and allowing you to share it on social media. It’s all saved on the Cloud so you can easily relive your favorite trips. It’s also great for planning because you can see what other people have done.
4. Clarice (Free) It’s like having a friend at every destination who can tell you everything you need to know about restaurants, shopping, accommodations, sites and events.
5. NOAA Radar Pro ($1.99) This is the only weather app you’ll ever need.
6. Flying (Free) This is one of the best travel apps for frequent flyers. It tracks all of your flight info, keeps a history of past trips and gives you real time updates.
7. Yonder (Free) Use Yonder to plan your next travel adventure like backpacking, kayaking, camping, etc. Search their huge database to get ideas from other travelers, share your experience on social media or follow along on someone else’s before you take the plunge.
8. DuoLingo (Free) DuoLingo makes it easy for the whole family to master the basics of a new language right from your phone or tablet. It’s quick, easy and users love it.
9. BringFido (Free) It’s not a family vaycay without Fido! The BringFido app lets you take the popular website mobile so you can book dog-friendly hotels and find dog-friendly activities and places from the road.