Grilling this summer? Well no summer cookout is complete without a big bowl of heaping potato salad. Everyone loves potato salad. In my family the potato salad is always the first dish to be gobbled up. This summer, I’ve decided to give my favorite recipe a spicy new twist with chipotles.
I added finely diced chipotles to the mayonnaise base and added a sprinkle of cumin that gives this salad a boost of Latin flavor. Serve alongside a big, juicy burger or grilled chicken this chipotle potato salad is sure to be the hit of your family cookout, you might want to make a double batch.
Read Related: Quinoa Salad with Citrus Cilantro Dressing Recipe
CREAMY CHIPOTLE POTATO SALAD
2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 cup mayonnaise
2- 3 teaspoons mustard
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
½ cup celery, chopped
¼ cup cilantro, minced
- Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, chipotles, salt, pepper and cumin. Season to taste.
- Add the potatoes, green onions, celery and cilantro to the large mixing bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.