Moms aren’t the easiest people to shop for at the holidays. After all, the women who think of everyone but themselves are often the last ones to speak up and ask for a gift! So for the hard-working, self-sacrificing moms in your life, here are some fun and practical gift ideas, along with a few luxuries thrown in her stocking.
Gadgetry: Does the mom in your life like gadgets? We’ve recently tried out some new ones, and have these to recommend:
• Philips Sonicare Powerup battery operated toothbrush features a 2 minute timer so she knows she’s brushing long enough, and offers deep, comfortable cleaning and plaque removal.
• Hair removal is a snap with the Remington Smooth and Silky Wet/Dry Face and Body Epilator, which removes facial and body hair with the help of 40 built in tweezers. Hair stays gone for weeks, not days as with razors.
• We recently tried out the Samsung Galaxy Note and wrist device and suffice to say, we were impressed. Fast, intuitive and user-friendly, the Note and related accessories are a great gift for your Android-loving mom.
Read Related: Fashion Accessories That Give Back for the Holidays
Fashion & Accessories: Sure, you can give mom a sweater or a new wallet, but how about trying one of these clever, comfy ideas instead?
• The versatile Shodit clutch wrap looks like a scarf or wrap, but it’s actually a secure mini purse—a hidden zipper compartment safely holds keys, cell phone, passports, wallet or what-have-you, and leaves you hands-free and stylish. We love this idea.
• Would your mom sport a stylish cowboy hat? The Sierra by Wallaroo Hats comes with built-in SPF50 sunscreen protection, making it a great choice for moms who like their time in the sun.
• Compassionate giving is a cinch with the Niice Stuff Cinch Sack, a stow it all bag that you can toss over your shoulder. A portion of all sales go to promoting the adoption of adolescents, who are too often passed over in favor of younger children.
• For a busy mom, comfy shoes are a must. Try the Linge ballet flat in a host of great colors and suitable for everyday wear, or in warmer weather, Strandals by J. Alister, super-soft, colorful, tieable sandals that are the next best thing to going barefoot.
• Mom needs a good night’s sleep every night, and these soft, wicking pajamas and nightgowns from Cool Jams will keep her cool and comfortable all night long—great for travel, too!
Beauty: Has Mom earned a beauty break? Try one of these dazzling little luxuries:
• When it comes to fragrance, we love heady tropical florals, especially in the winter months. AERIN’s Ikat Jasmine fits the bill, and manages to be warm and cozy and at the same time, mysterious and seductive. Mmm…
• Flawless makeup application calls for professional-quality brushes. Give Mom a splurge she might not treat herself to, with Laura Mercier’s Luxe Travel Brush Collection. She’ll covet them for years to come.