[EDITOR’S NOTE: Part of a series devoted to Mamiverse attending Festival People en Español Presented by Target in San Antonio on September 1-2. The inaugural festival promises to celebrate Latino contribution to art, music, lifestyle and culture. Join our Twitter parties for a chance to win fabulous prizes! RSVP here.]
Women, especially moms, live in a fast-paced world. We may feel we don´t have the time to spare for complicated beauty routines…. But a 10-minute makeover is more doable than you might think.
• Concealer, foundation, primer…. Who has the time to apply all that every morning? Thankfully, beauty companies are coming up with revolutionary multifunctional formulas. Yes, BB Creams and tinted moisturizers!
• BB creams are a dream come true—they provide light to medium coverage, conceal blemishes, protect your face from sun damage and refine pores. Tinted moisturizers provide a soft veil of color while hydrating your skin. No excuse for having a bare face, ladies! Try Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF30/PA+++ ($42) or Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream ($7.44).
• Facial powders can be tricky. On a busy morning, opt for blotting tissues with oil-absorbing functions. They are handy, easy to carry in your handbag and mess-free! Try Tatcha Aburatorigami Blotting Papers ($12).
• For a boost of color, switch your regular powder blush for a cream blush. It will instantly freshen your look without needing to use a brush. The trick is to use your fingers on the apples of your cheeks—and even on your lips—for a natural finish.
Read Related: Quick Makeup Secrets for Women On The Go
• Want a sun-kissed look instead? Cream bronzers are the right choice–just rub a little on your temples, cheekbones, nose and chin. Try L’Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Souffle Blush ($10.99), MAC Cosmetics Casual Colour ($20) and Tom Ford Beauty Shade & Illuminate ($75).
• Keeping in mind that brows can greatly enhance your appearance. If you weren’t born with stunning brows, fill them up with powder or cream rather than a pencil. Not enough time? Simply brush it up with colored mascara. Try e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit ($3).
• Raising kids and having a full-time job can be exasperating. To erase any signs of tiredness, use an illuminating eye pencil or iridescent shadow in the inner corner of your eyes and along the eyebrow bone. This is a well-known trick amongst makeup artists, and only takes up three seconds of your time.
• From dry-to-wet eye shadows to “markers” and gels, there’s a whole array of products that effectively line your lids. For a polished look, grab a felt-tip eye-lining pen and dot a line as close to your eyelashes as possible. Go over the line, if necessary. Curl your lashes and finish off with mascara.
• Prefer a natural finish? Line your eyes with dark eyes shadow (preferably brown or black) and smudge it for a softer look. If you brush the color into your eyelashes as well, they’ll appear fuller and darker. Try Dior 3-Couleur Eyeshadow Palette Smoky Brown ($48) or Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Gel Eyeliner ($5.49).
• Think colored mascaras are for teenagers? Think again. To be on the safe side, stick to darker colors, such as violet, deep blue or burgundy. They´re subtler, but your eyes will still stand out. Try Yves Saint Laurent Volume Effet Faux Cils in Midnight Blue ($30).
• If you have a long day ahead, wear a lip stain. These will—indeed—stain your lips or cheeks with a wash of color and you won’t need to reapply every three minutes. They can dry out your lips, but many brands have creamy, balm-like lip stains that do wonders for your pout. Try It Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush Lipstick Stain ($26.36), Laura Mercier Lip Stain ($20) and Benefit Cosmetics Benetint ($29).
• Ever feel like playing with crayons? Chubby lip pencils are in vogue and, depending on the finish, they can provide instant sophistication. Try Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain ($7.69), Milani Lip Flash Lip Gloss Pencil ($5.99) or Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm ($16).
Mamiverse is thrilled to attend Festival People en Español presented by Target, an event celebrating Hispanic entertainment, culture and community. We are hosting three Twitter parties this week and Tweeting Festival related content with the hashtag #TargetAtFestival. The participant who tweets and retweets the most using the hashtag #TargetAtFestival including a link to our Twitter party events on FB, or a link to one of our People en Español-related articles from today through the end of the Festival by midnight September 2 will receive a $100 giftcard. Join in our Twitter Extravaganza! Click here to RSVP.