A vacuum cleaner is a must for families with carpets, pets and kids at home! But which is best? We tested the Sonic Vacuum Cleaner in a house that has all of the above, plus bare floors. Click on the previous link to see the manufacturer’s specs. The price is $199.80-$299.80, depending on the model. We tested the higher-end one that includes a hand-held vacuum with attachments.
What we liked:
- It is lightweight.
- The 35-ft cord is a plus, unless you’d rather go cordless.
- It detects whether the floor is carpeted or bare and adjusts suction accordingly.
- Gets rid of all pet hair on carpet and is great on bare kitchen floors and even in corners and under cabinets, where other vacuums fail the test.
- It’s a cinch to switch bags.
- The air freshener makes the house smell great after vacuuming. Even the kids commented on that!
- The hand-held device has a strap, so you can effortlessly carry it, and has all kinds of attachments for different situations, including one for pet fur.
Read Related: Samsung Galaxy Note3 & Gear Review
What could be improved upon:
- After having used bagless vacuums, which you just empty after each use, having to order new bags is a bit of a drag.
- The scent pod needs to be changed often (and ordered as well) if you want the good scent to last.
- The hand-held device has a short cord in comparison with the stand-up vacuum.
- The paw-like attachment meant for pet fur snagged a cushion on the couch, so we decided not to use that attachment again. The others worked just fine.
All in all, it’s a great product that lives up to its claims.
Mamiverse Rating: 4/5
Disclaimer: A sample was received for review. Neither Mamiverse nor its reviewers received compensation from the brand. Opinions are our own.