5. Return all the pork to the skillet and add the poblanos and onion and cook, stirring, until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the ground spices and cook, stirring, for an additional 2 minutes, until the spices are fragrant.
7. Transfer the pork mixture to a 5-quart slow cooker.
8. Reduce the skillet heat to medium.
9. Add the contents of the food processor to the pan and cook, stirring, until the salsa is thick and begins to stick to the pan.
10. Add the water and bay leaf to the pan and simmer, stirring once or twice, for 5 minutes.
11. Stir into the pork in the slow cooker, cover, and cook on low 2 hours, or until the pork is tender.
12. Serve hot with a bowl of crema alongside.
Note: Leftovers make an excellent filling for tamales.
Photo credit: © 2012 Maren Caruso