I am Shakira-Gato, the #1 cat fan of my Latin idol, superstar icon Shakira. Just like her, I believe in celebrating those who embrace the spirit of their own uniqueness.
Sexy, sultry Colombian songstress Shakira released her first album when she was only fourteen years old and she’s been going strong ever since. Her phenomenal moves and ability to mix and match diverse musical styles set her apart from the crowd of cookie cutter pop princesses. She counts Leonard Cohen, Mercedes Sosa, AC/DC and Skrillex among her influences. Rock, merengue, romantic ballads, dance…she does it all—flawlessly unified by her innate authenticity. Waka Waka, her anthem for the 2010 World Cup broke sales records and was one of YouTube’s most watched videos. Shakira has collaborated with everyone from Wyclef Jean to Carlos Santana to Beyoncé (perhaps the only woman in the world whose hips can hold their own next to Shakira’s). Most recently, Shakira subbed for Christina Aguilera as a judge on season four of The Voice and is expected to return for season six. We hope! On January 22, 2013 she welcomed a beautiful baby boy with gorgeous Spanish soccer star Gerard Piqué.
Read Related: Parenting Tips for Shakira: New Baby Do’s & Don’ts
Shakira’s passion for early childhood education and helping underserved children in Latin American countries through her Barefoot and ALAS Foundations have inspired me to advocate for homeless litters in my own neighborhood.
What Makes Shakira Gato-Purr
- I dream of a room filled with fluffy mouse toys in every imaginable color.
- Whenever, Wherever is my all-time fave Shakira song.
- Hips Don’t Lie is my second fave, I can shake what my mama gave me!
What Gets Shakira Gato’s Dander Up
- I was a bit hurt when I heard Shakira had adopted two bunnies…I mean, really. Bunnies?
- I love to watch Breakfast at Tiffany’s over and over but it always irks me that they never gave the cat a proper name.
- Don’t ever step on my tail! This kitty’s got claws.
- Catty kitties who spend all day gossiping.
Celeb-Gatos at Gatoverse is a creative way to pay homage to our Hispanic idols by harnessing the cuteness of kitty cats everywhere. We purr, we roar, we matter! Follow @Mamiverse and @Gatoverse for more info.