It used to be that moms had to hide their nurturing side from their bosses and perhaps even omit the fact that they had kids in order to be considered for a job. Women still have a long way to go before we reach the same “I can do it all” status of our professional male counterparts. However, here are ten reasons why moms really do make better employees.
1. They are more responsible than their childless counterparts. Being a mom is the ultimate show of responsibility!
2. Moms are multitaskers by nature! Try changing a diaper while big brother is screaming for attention and you´re pulling your own pants up, all at once!
Read Related: SHEroes Who Wow: 7 Secrets of Successful Moms
3. Mothers are more empathetic. Instead of losing it with the mean office employee, they will count to ten, just as they do with their kids!
4. Moms are good planners. If they can plan a week´s worth of meals, extracurricular activities and birthday parties, they can breeze through planning a professional event.
5. Mothers make good listeners. They crave adult interaction when their kids are little, so if you need someone to bounce around ideas, go to a mom colleague!
6. They are committed! Raising a kid is not for slackers, so if they are busy doing that, know they will be great at whatever work they do.
7. They are the best flex time workers. Because they are used to juggling many different demands at all hours, they also make the best telecommuters.
8. Moms have a reason to excel! They want to be good role models for their kids, and they like to share their professional accomplishments with their offspring.
9. They make the best use of time! Since they never know when their kids may demand something, when they work, they work fast and hard!
10. They are loyal. Treat a mom worker with the respect and consideration she deserves and she will pay you back with professional loyalty, as empathetic bosses are hard to find!