• Contact local high school counselors and see if there is a need.
• Contact local church and civic groups to see if they can help.
• Find volunteers through your contacts including those on your social networks.
• Find donations by spreading the word that there is a need.
• Contact local media; everyone needs a story before prom.
• Find a location by asking your local church or even the high school for space.
• Start small and only do what you can handle.
Cindy will pack away any dresses and donations that were not used this year for next year. With a big smile she says “Giving back feels good. If we can change a life with a prom dress then it is all worth it.”
Rebecca Aguilar is an multiple Emmy award winning reporter based in Dallas, Texas.