These recipes are perfect if you’re planning to meet with friends to watch the final World Cup games this weekend. First fire it up with these habañero potato skin poppers. Then you can continue the heat with drinks made from jalapeño infused tequila. They will make you look like a star and have your friends cheering for more!
Read Related: TAJIN Style Pan Fried Potatoes
MINI HABAÑERO POTATO SKIN POPPERS
20 small new potatoes, scrubbed
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
1⅓ tablespoons Tabasco® Habanero Sauce, divided
6 strips thick-cut bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
1 cup finely grated Cheddar cheese
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup chives, finely minced
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Spread on baking sheet and season generously with salt.
3. Roast uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender.
4. Let stand at room temperature until cool enough to handle.
5. Halve potatoes and, using a melon baller or measuring teaspoon, scoop out most of potato flesh, leaving skin untouched. Return potato shells to baking sheet.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon Tabasco Habanero Sauce and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Brush inside of each potato shell with oil and season with salt. Return to oven for 10 minutes, or until crisp.
7. In a skillet over medium heat, add chopped bacon. Cook until crisp, drain, and toss with ⅓ tablespoon Tabasco Habanero Sauce.
8. To assemble potatoes, fill each shell with bacon and cheese, return to oven for 2 minutes to melt cheese.
9. Garnish with sour cream and chives.