A Flavorful Vegan Soup
This hearty soup is loaded with vegetables and GOYA® Quinoa—a seed from the Andes that boasts a high protein content and a wholesome, comforting taste. In Peru, this soup is enjoyed any time of day (even breakfast) and serves as a delicious antidote for the freezing cold Andean weather.
Read Related: Quinoa Salad with Citrus Cilantro Dressing Recipe
PERUVIAN QUINOA SOUP
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 tbsp. GOYA® Vegetable Oil
½ onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
1 green and/or red bell pepper, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
2 celery stalks, finely chopped (about ¾ cups)
1 medium carrot, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
1 can (8 oz.) GOYA® Tomato Sauce
2 tsp. GOYA® Minced Garlic
4 packets GOYA® Salad and Vegetable Seasoning mixed with 8 cups water
2 medium waxy potatoes (about 1 lb.), peeled and cut into ½” cubes
1 cup GOYA® Quinoa, rinsed
1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in 6-qt. pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, peppers, celery and carrots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and garlic to pot; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
- Pour water mixture into pot; bring to boil.
- Stir in potatoes and quinoa.
- Lower hear to medium low.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes and quinoa are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir parsley into soup. Season soup with adobo; divide evenly among serving bowls.
Goya Recipes provided by and the mark GOYA® used by permission of Goya Foods, Inc.