https://mamiverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Abuelita’s-Mazapán-de-Toledo-MainPhoro.jpg 350 530 Laura Carbonell http://mamiverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/logosmallMamiverse-1.png Laura Carbonell2013-12-19 10:01:302016-07-28 22:47:28Latino Christmas Recipe: Abuelita's Mazapán de Toledo
- In a large mixing bowl combine the almonds, sugar, and two Tbsp of water.
- Add the cinnamon and lemon zest.
- Knead the mixture for a while until it reaches a doughy consistency.
- Allow the mixture to sit in a cool place for about two hours.
- Heat the oven to 400° F.
- Once the dough is hardened, shape 3-inch figurines and place them on an oil-brushed cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg white until it has enough consistency to create peaks.
- Brush the figurines with the egg white.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven at 400 F for about two minutes or until the figurines are golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Fast, easy and kid friendly!