MANGO, COCONUT, LIME COBBLER
4½ cups fresh ripe mangoes, peeled and sliced Zest of 1 lime, plus extra for the crumb mix, optional
5 leaves of fresh mint, cut in chiffonade
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
¼ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ cup butter, soft, room temperature
1 package sweet corn cake mix or any other baking mix
2 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp. coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Butter a 9-inch oven proof ceramic dish or glass pie plate.
3. In a large bowl, combine mangoes, zest, mint, jalapeño, sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon.
4. Combine thoroughly and let it rest for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
5. In another bowl, combine the butter with the cake mix, and sugar (and some lime zest, if desired). Using your hands, combine well until texture resembles coarse crumbs.
6. Add coconut milk and keep mixing until milk is absorbed by the cake mix. Set aside.
7. Turn the mango mixture into the prepared pie dish.
8. Drop spoonfuls of the buttery topping mixture on top of the fruit until covered.
9. Bake for 45 minutes or until mixture is bubbling and/or when inserting a toothpick into crust comes out clean.
10. Remove the mango cobbler from the oven. Let it cool for about 5-10 minutes and serve warm with either ice cream or fresh whipped cream, or both!