https://mamiverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/The-Truth-About-Detecting-Skin-Cancer-MainPhoto.jpg 354 530 Clara Galvano http://mamiverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/logosmallMamiverse-1.png Clara Galvano2018-04-20 07:00:002018-04-16 20:00:03Is That Mole Dangerous? The Truth About Detecting Skin Cancer
Why Do Some Women Get Skin Cancer? Who Is At Risk?
- Latinas who have fair skin and light-colored eyes are susceptible to melanomas because they are born with the least amount of protective melanin in their skin.
- Redheads, blue-eyed blondes, and people with pigment disorders such as albinism are at the greatest risk of skin cancer. But even people with many freckles or moles may also be vulnerable to melanomas.
- Latinas who have a family history of cancer.
- Latinas who live at high altitudes or in climates with year-round sunshine.
- Latinas who have a history of sun exposure or blistering sunburns.