https://mamiverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Human-Papillomavirus-HPV-A-Silent-Enemy-MainPhoto1.jpg 350 530 Dr. Tanginika Cuascud http://mamiverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/logosmallMamiverse-1.png Dr. Tanginika Cuascud2013-01-31 09:00:142016-08-08 00:29:41Human Papillomavirus (HPV): A Silent Enemy
Therefore, the best practice is to take these preventive steps:
- Male Condom: Women should insist that their male partners wear condoms for every sexual activity, including oral sex.
- Female Condom: The female condom can also protect against HPV and other STIs.
- Vaccination: There are currently two HPV vaccines in the market. Consult with your doctor about your options. There is a lot of controversy around the available vaccines.
- Annual Screenings: Do not skip your annual Pap test.
- Visual Screenings: Check your genitalia regularly (at least once a month) for anything abnormal.