There’s something about a hearty holiday breakfast that really gets the whole family going for these busy days of shopping, decorating, and just plain holiday fun! Now here’s something tasty and special from the elves, spirits, and sprites behind the movie, The Hobbit, your very own Hobbit Breakfast.
Read Related: Beyond Breakfast: Savory Spreads for Every Meal
This recipe from Denny’s is easy-to-make and brings Hollywood magic right into your own kitchen…enjoy!
1 cheddar bun
1 T. butter or margarine
For the Full Dish:
Frozen hash browns
¼ c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 strip bacon, diced
Choice of 2 slices of bacon or 2 sausage links
- Slice cheddar bun and put both halves on a cutting board.
- Using a biscuit cutter, juice glass or knife, press into center of bun crown. Remove center and set aside.
- Melt butter or margarine onto skillet. Place both bun halves and the center from crown into margarine, cut-side down.
- Immediately crack 1 egg into each of the two holes.
- Cook for 1:30 minutes. Flip and cook for 1:00 minute on the second side, until egg is over medium.
For the Full Dish
- Prepare hash browns. Evenly top with cheese and diced bacon. Cook for 1:00 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Cook choice of meat according to package instructions.
- Plate dish with hash browns, choice of meat, and Hobbit Holes.
Photo Courtesy Warner Brothers.