If you’re cooking Valentine’s Day dinner for your honey, you need a dish that serves as the focal point of the meal, both in terms of taste and appearance. This Healthy Pasta with Spicy Crab does the trick. It’s flavorful, attractive, and surprisingly easy to make—but your date doesn’t have to know that!
Read Related: Romantic Stay-at-Home Valentine’s Dinner Recipes for Two
HEALTHY PASTA WITH SPICY CRAB
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
Makes: 8 servings
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 Fresno chiles, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup dry white wine
1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over
1 pound spaghetti, cooked al dente, drained, plus 1 cup of the pasta cooking water reserved
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon finely chopped dill
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
Extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the canola oil in a large high-sided saute pan over medium heat.
2. Add the chiles and garlic and cook until soft and the garlic is pale golden brown.
3. Add the wine and cook until reduced.
4. Add the crab and cook until just heated through.
5. Add the pasta and some of the cooking water to the pan and cook for another minute.
6. Stir in the parsley, dill, mint, lemon zest.
7. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Courtesy of Food Network.com