CHERRY CHOCOLATE MICE
Maraschino cherries with stems
Red tube icing (thin)
1. Melt a 1½ cups of chocolate chips in a melting pot or a double boiler.
2. Add a ¼ stick of paraffin wax, by shaving it into the melted chocolate. This is used to bind the chocolate and allow it to cool without being sticky.
3. Once the wax has melted completely into the chocolate, dip the cherries one at a time into the chocolate then place them on the parchment paper.
4. While the chocolate is still hot, add a chocolate chip to the front of the chocolate covered cherry for the nose and place two almond slivers into the top of the cherry for the ears.
5. Once the chocolate has cooled, draw two eyes on the mice with the red tube icing.