So, you and your date have decided to stay in for Valentine’s Day dinner, and you’ve volunteered to cook the main course. Courageous! Now you need a dish that matches the drama and romance of Valentine’s Day. For good looks, bold color and attention-getting flavor, nothing beats this grilled steak with green beans, tomatoes and chimichurri sauce, courtesy of the Food Network.com.
GRILLED STEAK WITH GREEN BEANS, TOMATOES & CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
¾ pound green beans, trimmed
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 Tbsp. olive oil, plus more for grill grates
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
2 strip steaks (about 1-inch thick), about 1½ pounds total, trimmed of excess fat and halved
For the Chimichurri Sauce:
½ small garlic clove
1 Tbsp. red-wine vinegar
¼ cup fresh herbs, such as parsley, mint and cilantro
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. water
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place a double layered piece of heavy-duty foil on a tray or cutting board; fold and gather edge to form a rim. Toss the green beans and tomatoes on foil with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat a grill to medium. Lightly oil the grill grates and season the steak with salt and pepper.
3. Slide the foil tray onto the grill; cook, tossing occasionally, until the beans char slightly and cook through, about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, add the steaks to the grill; cook until desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
5. Remove steaks to cutting board to rest 5 minutes.
6. Slice, and serve steak and the vegetables with the Chimichurri Sauce.
Combine the garlic, vinegar, herbs, olive oil and water in small food processor; pulse until herbs are coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
Courtesy of Food Network.com