What’s not to envy about the effortlessly spectacular Eva Mendes? She’s stunningly gorgeous, incredibly talented, and then there’s Ryan Gosling…. While Eva unquestionably has great genes, she makes the most of her assets with a spot-on sense of style. Her flawless mix of femininity infused with bombshell and a touch of breezy glamour is the perfect inspiration for the many cocktail and hostess looks that the holiday season’s social whirl demands.
Eva’s ability to exude goddess appeal without showing a lot of skin (with the exception of those infamous nearly nude 2008 Calvin Klein Secret Obsession ads) elevates her from sex kitten to Old School Hollywood glamour girl. So how can you steal a smidge of her style and make it work for you? Just follow these tips and always remember that smart editing, unexpected combos, and perfect proportions are key for achieving a tasteful level of smolder.
- Sheer Layers • A high-necked sheer blouse over a bustier or camisole lets you be covered up while still a tad saucy.
- Skin-Tight + Knee-Length (or Lower) • A second skin micro-mini can appear rather tarty, while a below-the-knee hem instantly transforms skin-tight into curve-enhancing. The same goes for body-con tops. As long as you keep cleavage to a minimum, you’re one step away from prim and proper.
Read Related: Soledad! Natalie! Elizabeth! Stylish Women in News
- Super-Short + Structured Silhouette • A super-short, but beautifully tailored dress with architectural details and a touch of volume lets you show off your lovely gams while maintaining your modesty.
- Flowy Maxi-Dresses • You can’t go wrong with the laid back glamour of a maxi-dress. It’s cool, sophisticated, and easy to move in—so you can be the hostess with the mostest and enjoy a dessert with your guests.
- Highlight One Asset • Eva Mendes keeps her look classic and classy by showing off only one of her many assets (legs that go on forever, tiny waist, seductive décolleté, bodacious booty…) at a time.
- Pulled Together + Unfussy • In order to achieve the perfect balance of sexy and librarian stop just short of ‘not a hair out of place’. Create a perfectly polished look, then muss it just a tad—let a few tendrils escape your sleek chignon, or soften the clean edge of your cat-eye liner for a subtly smoky effect.
- Hard + Soft • Keep your look interesting by mixing earthy accessories with ethereal styles (or vice versa). Try toning down über-feminine frills by adding with a utilitarian leather belt for an unexpected twist.