If you are attending LATISM12 in Houston, Texas, be sure to find us! We will be on the panel The Evolution of Education: New Channels, Opportunities and Challenges. Make sure to follow us on Twitter: @Mamiverse and @Lorrainecladish for #LATISM12 Updates.
- Tuesday October 16 we held our Mamiverse Reads Twitter party with SpanglishBaby and Mamiverse Books. Aside from an interesting exchange pertaining Raising Bilingual Kids, five lucky winners received over $150 in bilingual books and CD’s. Congratulations to all and thanks to Candlewick, Heritage Language, and Bilingual Readers for the giveaways!
- Fox News Latino reminds us of the importance of reading daily, in a piece by Aurelia Flores. We can’t help but underscore the benefits of reading to your kids from birth!
- Our contributor and friend Eliana Tardío received an award for being one of the 7 most inspiring Latina Moms in the country. Congratulations, Eliana! I have personally known her for over eight years and am very proud of her accomplishments. Surely there are many more to come!
- We are still inviting our readers to take the Mamiverse Reads Pledge for a chance to win $75 worth of children’s books to share with your little ones every night for at least 15 minutes.
- NBC Latino featured an interesting post on how to find whether your partner is bad with money. This is an important issue since it could lead to financial infidelity. This is at the core of many a divorce or breakup.
If you wish to submit an event or a milestone, whether your own or someone else’s to be considered for our Follow Friday Roundup, please e mail me at [email protected]