Be the star of the Holiday potluck or party with this festive Christmas Guacamole and Spicy Tortilla Chips.
ADD A POP & A KICK!
Laced with Holiday cheer and bursting with flavor this appetizer is not only pretty to look at but tastes great with a stack of warm tortilla chips and a cold cocktail. Pomegranate seeds add a pop of color, while the chiles add a kick of spice. Why spend hours frying batch after batch when homemade baked tortilla chips are a cinch to make.
A SPICY LAST-MINUTE SECRET
Lightly sprinkle your tortilla chips while warm from the oven with a ground chile ancho salt mix for an added layer of tasty texture. Bake the tortilla chips the night before and assemble the guacamole right before you head out the door.
Read Related: Sweet and Spicy Chips & Guac: A Healthier Choice
4 large ripe Avocados
½ onion, minced
2 Serrano chiles, stems and seeds removed, minced, (optional)
2 TBSP fresh lime juice
4 TBSP cilantro, finely chopped
½ medium pomegranate, seeds removed
- Cut avocados in half, scoop out flesh and place in a large bowl.
- Using a fork, mash avocado, add onions, chiles (if using), lime juice, cilantro, and pomegranate seeds.
- Season to taste with salt and serve with freshly made tortilla chips.
SPICY BAKED TORTILLA CHIPS
18 corn tortillas
1 TSP salt
1 TSP ground ancho chile
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl, combine salt and ground chile, set aside.
- Lightly brush tortillas with vegetable oil and cut into wedges.
- Spread tortillas on a baking sheet and bake until light brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Serve warm with Festive Guacamole.