Editor’s Note: The zing of orange juice and the depth of coffee sends these sizzling skirt steaks into the stratosphere! This is a great summer grilling idea…enjoy.
Read Related: Caribbean Fruit Skewers: Easy Grilled Fruit
MARINATED SKIRT STEAK WITH ORANGE & COFFEE
2 lbs skirt steak
2 cups orange juice
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup brewed coffee with cinnamon
1 onion, chipped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 dozen corn tortillas
- Salt and pepper skirt steak to taste.
- Separately combine the orange juice, garlic, and coffee in a bowl, and mix well.
- Pour the orange juice marinade over the steaks, and add the chopped onions, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (you can marinate steak for up to 24 hours).
- Heat grill to 400º.
- Remove the tortillas from the package, wrap them in a heavy-duty foil paper, and place on the grill.
- Place the skirt steak on the hot grill for approximately 5 to 8 minutes on each side (vary according to thickness of meat.) The meat should be slightly pink inside when done.
- Allow the meat to cool slightly, slice it into thick strips, and serve it with the warm tortillas.
This recipe was originally published in Extreme Entertaining (Celebra).