You can be a busy Mom, Santa’s helper, and successful party-giver with this dip that’s spicy and warm enough to chase away winter’s chill. All you have to do is team it up with your favorite chips and beverages. Plus, this affordable recipe definitely wins hands-down in any three-ingredient recipe challenge. They’re all it takes to put together!
Read Related: Seven Layer Tex-Mex Mountain
CHILE CON QUESO (Warm Jalapeño Cheese Dip)
Makes: 3 Cups
2½ lbs Velveeta or smooth-melt cheese, cut into small cubes
8-10 canned jalapeño chiles (to taste,) sliced
¼ cup water
- Put the cheese in a large, heavy skillet and heat over low-to-medium/low heat; stirring constantly until it begins to melt.
- Stir in the chiles.
- Reduce the heat to very low and gradually add the water, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted and smooth.
- Be careful not to scorch the cheese.
- Transfer to a slow-cooker, chafing dish over a flame, or a warm serving bowl.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, crackers, or raw, cut-up vegetables.