16. BeautyBlender ($19.95) • This funny, egg-shaped sponge allows you to apply foundation in a natural, smooth-finished way. Not convinced? BeautyBlender is a backstage must-have and a staple among makeup artists, celebrities and models.
17. Tweezerman Slant Tweezers ($20) • No more ouch moments. The Slant makes tweezing easier and faster, and even though it’s a little more expensive, the company offers a lifetime guarantee.
18. L’Oreal Paris Elnett Hairspray ($12.99) • A light, satin finish hairspray that doesn’t flake or leave your locks looking greasy. Let’s say it’s the Little Black Dress of hair products.
19. Goody Spin Pin ($5.89) • Kiss your outdated bobby pins good-bye! These lightweight corkscrew pins are just what the doctor recommended for a chic updo or to create loose waves à la Gisele.
20. Mason Pearson Brush ($88-$190) • Okay, it’s not your average hair brush and it can cost you half your weekly salary, but your hair deserves this investment. Never pulls, helps de-tangle and it gives you a shiny finish with no frizz at all. You have to see it to believe it.