I call it “super salad” because it is loaded with protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. And it is one of the easiest, healthiest, and most fulfilling dishes!
ALL-SEASON WARM KALE WILD MUSHROOMS SUPER SALAD
2 Tbsp. coconut oil (or extra virgin olive oil), and some extra if needed
3 garlic cloves, mashed or coarsely chopped
1 leek, roots removed, white part only, cleaned and sliced
16 oz wild mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
Pinch of salt
1 bunch organic kale, cleaned, stemmed and coarsely chopped
½-1 Tbsp. liquid amino acids (healthier alternative to soy sauce)
Dash of red pepper flakes
½ Tbsp. fresh grated ginger
Toasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds, optional (pre-soaked overnight)
Fresh chives or green onions, for garnish (optional)
Manchego cheese or Gruyere, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add oil, garlic and leeks and cook until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add a bit of salt to absorb moisture.
3. Add the kale, stir well to combine all flavors and cook until slightly wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Add the liquid amino acids and stir to combine well.
4. Add red pepper flakes, fresh ginger, and raisins.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. If using add pre-soaked toasted seeds. Let it cook for another minute over low heat
7. Serve while warm by itself or over rice, or quinoa with fresh chives and cheese on top.
Note: It also makes a great cold salad. Just let it cool and add some fresh blueberries!