GARLIC ROASTED POTATOES WITH PARSLEY & OREGANO
Yield: 6 servings
2¼ lb. Red bliss potatoes trimmed and washed
½ cup Extra virgin olive oil
3 ea. Bay leaves
1½ tbsp. Dried oregano
1 tsp. Salt
Ground black pepper to taste.
6 ea. Garlic cloves, minced
1 ½ tbsp. Oregano, chopped
3 tbsp. Flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Toss the potatoes with the olive oil, bay leaves, dried oregano, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Transfer the oiled, seasoned potatoes to a hot cast iron skillet.
- Place the skillet in a 425 F oven and roast for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even browning.
- Reduce the heat to 375 F and continue to roast for an additional 15-to-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic towards the end of the cooking process (5-to-10 minutes remaining in the cooking time) to prevent it from burning and creating a bitter flavor.
- Place in a warm serving bowl and sprinkle with chopped oregano and parsley.
Recipes courtesy of the Culinary Institute of America Culinary Boot Camp: Basic Training