SWEET DREAMS: THE TEQUILA MOCHA SIPPER
The taste of coffee, chocolate, and cinnamon with a splash of tequila: what could be a better way to end the night?
1 oz Patrón XO Cafe
1 tsp of half & half
1/4 tsp of cocolate syrup
1 cinnamon stick
1. Combine the Patrón XO Cafe, half & half, and chocolate syrup.
2. Stir well until all ingredients are blended, then pour into a shot glass.
3. Top with a cinnamon stick and whipped cream, and sprinkle with chocolate chips and cinnamon.
Photo & recipe courtesy of Patron Tequila
CANDY COATED: THE CANDY CANE
Santa will surely have a holly, jolly Christmas with this minty drink.
2 oz strawberry or berry flavored vodka
¾ ox Peppermint Schnapps
1 oz white Crème de Cacao
½ oz grenadine
Candy canes for garnish
1. Start by crushing the candy canes.
2. Dip the rim of the martini glass in the vodka, then coat in the crushed candy. Let the glasses sit in the freezer for about an hour.
3. When ready to serve, shake the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and serve chilled.
FRUITY FESTIVITIES: CITRUS SANGRIA
Just as delicious and refreshing tasting as it sounds.
2 bottles of a white or rosé whine (we like Zinfandel, Pinot Gris, or Riesling)
4 cups white grape juice
2 cups of Sprite or lemon-lime flavored sparkling soda
1 lemon (sliced)
1 lime (sliced)
1 orange (sliced)
1. Mix wine, juice, and soda in a pitcher or carafe.
2. Add sliced fruit, and let chill for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
THE GINGERBREAD MAN: GINGERBREAD MARTINI
For some spiced up holiday fun.
1 oz vodka
1/2 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream Liquer
1/2 oz Kahlua
1/2 oz gingerbread flavored syrup (found in the coffee aisle of most grocery stores)
1/2 scoop vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
Crushed gingerbread cookies
Sugar for glass rim
1. Dip the rim of martini glasses in vodka, then coat in sugar and crushed gingerbread cookies.
2. Let the glasses sit in the freezer for an hour.
3. When you’re ready to serve, combine the remaining ingredients, adding the ice cream last.
Inspired by Outback Steakhouse’s Gingerbread Martini.
BY THE OPEN FIRE: HOT APPLE CIDER
Guaranteed to keep you and your party warm by the fireside.
1 gallon apple cider
2 cups of light rum or bourbon
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1 stick butter
½ tsp of nutmeg
½ tsp brown sugar
1. Mix the cider, liquor and syrup in a saucepan and place over low heat.
2. In a separate pan, melt the butter and add in spices, then mix and stir all ingredients together.
3. Serve warm with cinnamon sticks.
*Bonus Idea: Champagne with Berries
An easy way to make a signature holiday cocktail that’s a hit? Add berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, wild berries…you get the idea) to glasses of champagne.