Empanadas Argentinas are chicken empanadas that Argentineans serve as appetizers at parties or as a simple, everyday lunch or dinner. Empanadas Argentinas are always baked instead of fried, so your family can enjoy them regularly, too. Make them in no time with authentic, pre-prepared GOYA® Argentinean Style Discos.
These chicken empanadas—seasoned like empanadas you find in Buenos Aires—will delight anyone, no matter where you are.
Read Related: Easy Empanadas with the Empanada Fork!
1 tbsp. GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ onion (diced)
1 tsp. GOYA® Garlic
1½ tsp. GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning
1 package GOYA® Chorizo (3½ oz.) Diced
1 envelope GOYA® Sazón without Annatto
1 lb. Ground Chicken
1 can GOYA® Mixed Vegetables (8.25 oz.)
1 package GOYA® Argentinean Style Discos for Baking
- In a clean sauté pan heat the oil.
- Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the Garlic, Chorizo and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add Chicken with the Sazón and Adobo and cook completely.
- Add vegetables and cook I minute.
- Spread meat stuffing over 1 Empanada Disk and cover with another Disk. Cut the ends making the empanadas into a rectangular shape.
- Cook Empanadas in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Goya Recipes provided by and the mark GOYA® used by permission of Goya Foods, Inc.