Mobile application software grants people unlimited access to virtually thousands of games, magazines, positioning systems, and more. But recently, technological advances have made getting answers through the web a cakewalk—including for beauty addicts! Do we have some beauty apps for YOU!
Read Related: A Must-Have App for Moms!
Smartphone users have an advantage in the world of apps. Among the top selling phones (iPhone, Android and Blackberry) there are dozens of helpful applications that could clearly become your “best friend,” or better yet, your personal stylist. So go ahead, beauty-minded individuals, these hot apps are just a download away!
1. CHINA GLAZE: If you’re particular about matching your nails with specific items in your wardrobe, then China Glaze is perfect for you. With this app, you’ll be able to snap a color you’re looking to find a match for… it’s that easy! Nail length can be added to accurately fit the perfect hue.
2. LIFEBOOKER: An older yet still popular app for booking beauty services is LifeBooker, now available for smartphone users. Free and easy to use, you’ll be on your way to nailing the best deals in your area. Additional pluses include reading reviews and finding amazing deals that could save you 50% or more off!
3. BYOUTIK: iPhone users are the first to try out BYOUTIK. Having a beauty professional is no longer just a thing of the rich and famous. This new app allows users to book haircuts, manicures and much more anywhere, anytime. Current services are available for New York City, but the app is quickly expanding nationwide and across Europe.
4. HAIRSTYLE MAKEOVER: Ever had second or third thoughts about your hairstyle before going to the specialist? The problem is we can imagine what we want, but can’t always grasp the reality of a new style until it’s already been done. So the Hairstyle Makeover app allows you to upload personal pictures from your media library to try and see how different styles look on you before making that salon visit to lock in your final decision.
5. MY OWN APP: Available for iPad and iPhone users, this cool app analyzes your face by simply uploading your own picture and comparing it to others in your age group. But prepare yourself to see dark spots, deep wrinkles and fine lines at their maximum! After the evaluation, you’ll be sent personalized tips and recommendations as well as tracking tools, which shows how your skin should look over time.
6. DAILYCANDY SCOUT: Connect with other beauty savvy individuals with the DailyCandy Scout. Sharing beauty secrets, tricks and techniques is now at your fingertips, because some things you just won’t find anywhere else. The name says it all—come scout out some pretty cool ideas, for free.
7. MY BEAUTY BIBLE: Diehard beauty addicts will find all the tips and styles via My Beauty Bible Premium. This fee-based app offers step by step video instruction for many beauty ideas, from hairstyles to nail art design and make-up application. The perfect app for the DIY woman who wants to learn and save a few bucks.