You’re probably trying to plan what to serve up for the Super Bowl next Sunday. Along with the game of course comes food and there’s no better place to start than with these dip recipes from Food Network. The work of layering pays off with this delicious and beautiful Tex-Mex inspired crowd pleaser. You can make this dip the a day ahead of time and refrigerate so you won’t be fumbling around on Super Bowl game day. Just grab a plate, scoop and then dip!
EIGHT-LAYER CHICKEN CHILI DIP
Makes: 10-12 servings
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. tomato paste
1 Tbsp. chili powder
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
1 cup sour cream
1 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves and stems
Juice and zest of 1 lime
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 ½ cups crumbled cornbread
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
One 14-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 ½ cups shredded yellow Cheddar
Tortilla or corn chips for dipping
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add half of the onion and the garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and just begins to brown, about 4 minutes.
2. Add the tomato paste, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring, until the oil is brick red, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened slightly, about 3 minutes. Add the shredded chicken and stir until just warmed through, remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
4. Whisk together the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and zest in a small bowl. Toss together the corn and pepper in another small bowl.
5. Layer the dip in a medium, straight-sided 3-quart glass trifle bowl or your favorite serving dish. Spread the cornbread on the bottom, then top, in even layers, with the tomatoes, beans, cheese, cilantro-lime sour cream, chicken chili, the remaining chopped onions and the corn-pepper mixture.
6. Wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or overnight.
7. Serve with chips for dipping.
NINE-LAYER CHEESEBURGER DIP
You can get this recipe and read more here.
Recipe and photos courtesy of Food Network.com.