- Place bread to soak in 2 cups cold water and set aside.
- Put garlic and almonds in a blender. Blend on pulse until smooth.
- Remove bread from water, squeezing excess liquid gently.
- Add bread to the mixture in the blender, and add 1 teaspoon salt.
- Continue to blend on pulse.
- While blending, drizzle olive oil in a small, steady stream.
- Add vinegar and 2 cups of water.
- Blend until it reaches an emulsified consistency.
- Refrigerate for about 4 hours or overnight. Serve in chilled bowls, and garnish with grapes and shrimp.
*Note: Feel free to use less garlic if you want a milder soup.