It’s not too late to add some Latin inspired holiday recipes to your Thanksgiving menu! Our friends at Vive Mejor with Chef Ema Quevedo’s help gathered together some delicious recipes to bring a Latin twist to your holiday recipes.
Latin flavors, like hints of pineapple and chipotle, add a pop of zest to appetizers. A Tropical Pineapple-Carrot Salad and Avocado Soup with Chipotle Cream or Cantaloupe Soup with Chipotle Cream set the perfect tone for your Thanksgiving menu. They are sure to whet your guests appetites for the main dish. The turkey recipe below will ensure a delicious moist bird.
Read Related: Bird Watch: 10 Turkey Recipe Ideas You Haven’t Tried
If want even more holiday recipes infused with traditional Latin flavors to serve, you can try a bit of everything and enjoy savoring every last bite during dinner. From Latin Green Bean Casserole and Caramelized Onion Rice, to Warm Roasted Potato & Avocado Salad and Zucchini-Lime Ribbons, you are guaranteed to find your guests favorite.
Remember to leave room for a selection of Ema’s favorites like Super-Moist Pumpkin Spice Cake, Chocolate Cinnamon Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Cinnamon Frosting or Slow Cooker Molten Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake. No Thanksgiving menu is complete without plenty of desserts!
SUPER MOIST ROASTED TURKEY
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 3 hours
Stand Time: 20 min.
10 lbs. fresh whole turkey or frozen whole turkey, thawed
1 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
1 large shallot or onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves
1 envelope Knorr® Roasted Turkey gravy mix
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Remove giblets from turkey cavities and rinse turkey inside and out; pat dry with paper towels; set aside.
2. Combine mayonnaise, bouillon, shallot and herbs in medium bowl; set aside.
3. Starting at neck opening, gently loosen skin on turkey and evenly spread ½ of the mixture under skin. Tie legs together with kitchen string.
4. Arrange turkey, breast side up, in large shallow roasting pan with rack; rub remaining mayonnaise mixture over outside of turkey. Tent with heavy-duty aluminum foil and roast for 1 hour.
5. Decrease oven to 350° and roast turkey 1 ½ hours.
6. Remove foil and continue roasting, about 30 minutes, basting occasionally with pan juices, until thermometer inserted in thickest part of the thigh reaches 165°and skin is browned and crispy.
7. Let stand covered loosely with foil 20 minutes before carving.
8. Serve with hot gravy.