An exciting new food trend has begun pairing two family favorites, Italian food and Latin food. Barilla has partnered with celebrity Chef Ingrid Hoffmann to create new and unique Latino Italian Fusion recipes. Latin food flavors and spices are combined with traditional Italian food inspiring these new delicious dishes. Ingrid says, “I am excited to be a part of Latino Italian Fusion because it’s a movement that inspires Latinas to be creative with a pantry staple like pasta while remaining true to the ingredients, spices, and flavor combinations they already know and love.”
Barilla is also collaborating with other premier Latino chefs to develop a roster of Latin-inspired pasta dishes that captures the flavors of Mexico, the Caribbean, Central and South America. Ingrid shares with us her pasta dish of linguini in spinach sauce with prosciutto and two kinds of cheese. It is simply scrumptious!
TALLARINES VERDES WITH PROSCIUTTO
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 25
1 box of Barilla® Linguini
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 yellow onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic
3 cups spinach leaves
1 cup basil leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup evaporated milk
4 ounces (115 grams) of cheese or feta cheese
⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup walnuts, toasted
½ pound (225 grams) of ham, sliced and diced
Grated Parmesan cheese
Dried chile de Arbol Martajado for garnish
1. Place water and salt in a large pot and bring to a boil.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add onion and garlic and cook for 6 minutes until onion is translucent.
4. Add the spinach, basil, salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes until the leaves are tender.
5. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
6. Add the onions and spinach mixture, evaporated milk, fresh Parmesan cheese in a blender and blend until smooth.
7. Add the sauce to the pan with the pasta, nuts and ham. Stir and warm.
8. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and dried chile.
Recipe & photo courtesy Barilla®.